Buying a new computer for outdoors

Having issues with your game, skin model? Post here
martinmx241

Buying a new computer for outdoors

Post by martinmx241 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

let me know what you guys think, especially Quinton and clay I know you guys have done your research when it comes to stuff like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883227533

TwistMoto

Re: Buying a new computer for outdoors

Post by TwistMoto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 am

I would have to suggest no on that computer. The A series processors, I am undecided on right now, and integrated graphics is always a definite NO... You want to make sure that you have an external video card, as that makes or breaks what games you can run, and how well you can run them. Personally I would stick to the AMD Phenom or FX or the i series Intel.
I would go with something like this if I was going to buy off the shelf:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883227546
It does not have great reviews, but it still has the things I would look for in a build. It is a higher end FX processor and the R9 270X graphics card. The 8 gigs of memory will work good for most games except your load times in BF4. If you were to purchase something like this I would make sure I monitored all of the hardware to make sure nothing was overheating, as some of these companies use cheap thermal paste, or do put it on correctly causing it to overheat out of the box. If you have any tech buddies that have ever built a computer you might also want to talk to them before you buy an off the shelf computer. It might cost you a few dollars more, but you can pick and choose which components you would like to run.
Hope this helps.

crashreallyfast

Post by crashreallyfast » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 am

Not a big AMD guy, if you had any intel PCs you were interested in i would post i link. I would HIGHLY suggest building your own though, your a licensed mechanic, i will tell you right now, building a computer is not even half as hard as rebuilding the top end of a two stroke (and that is very basic in it self if you know what you are doing). It is a plug and chug process. there are 100's of youtube video's on there, you can get what you want with you're own build, transfer things from your old PC, and save a lot of money.

martinmx241

Post by martinmx241 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:30 pm

sorry aj this one isn't an intel either

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Dragon

crashreallyfast

Post by crashreallyfast » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:59 am

well that one is a no, with a 350 watt power supply.

qbe722

Post by qbe722 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Martin i am going to agree with Clay. AMD is also doing Intel a favor by gearing there products more toward gaming not both business and gaming. Also if you wanted the other computer and just bought a graphics card to go along with it that would be another option but that's going to cost your more money and that's not something we want to do hahaha. I will do some more research of my own to try and help you out but by all means the computer clay has found for the same price is a pretty good computer. Also if you want to build your own computer you can try a website that's called pcpartpicker.com. It has all the latest and greatest parts out there but at the same time you can find parts on sale and sometimes cheaper but that is a decision solely up to you. Another site to try is pricewatch.com. I will look up some computers for you and send them to you to see what you think but i hope this helps man. If you need any help building a computer through pcpartpicker don't hesitate to ask anyone of us on Twist as we all have some knowledge to at least help you. We may not be the best but we cant definitely try and help you out so best luck man.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

martinmx241

Post by martinmx241 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:30 am

thanks guys