MXS stops responding

Having issues with your game, skin model? Post here
Jerry Williams

MXS stops responding

Post by Jerry Williams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Just wondering. Not a huge deal cause after a couple extra seconds it loads. But when I go into loading a new track or joining a server or whatnot. It stops responding. Thing pops up saying mx.exe has stopped responding ect. But eventually loads. Not totally sure what it is. I know my graphics card aint that great but it works and just started doing the recently. Ive got all the new drivers and uninstalled the old. Thanks for the help...

TwistMoto

Re: MXS stops responding

Post by TwistMoto » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Mine does the same thing from time to time. Its usually not a big deal, if it gets worse, then I would get a bit concerned.

Jerry Williams

Post by Jerry Williams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Think that would lean towards video card or cpu?

crashreallyfast

Post by crashreallyfast » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 pm

could just be a bad install. but usually when that happens its a GPU (video card) type of deal. I would make sure your drivers are up to date

TwistMoto

Post by TwistMoto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 am

crashreallyfast wrote:could just be a bad install. but usually when that happens its a GPU (video card) type of deal. I would make sure your drivers are up to date
^ This is a yes and a no. If you have your graphics set too high, this can happen to your gpu, but loading the map and all the statues, billboards, etc. plus the bikes can be pretty cpu intensive depending on the map. If it happens every time you load, then I would try to decrease my graphics settings.

Jerry Williams

Post by Jerry Williams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Yea they're all up to date. Ive checked a couple times just to make sure. It all still loads just takes longer and is real annoying more then anything. Havent touched my graphics settings in game for along time so not sure why that all of a sudden would make a difference. This not responding stuff just started happening within the last few weeks or so. But I have tried and dropped the settings a bit but doesnt make a difference.....

Jerry Williams

Post by Jerry Williams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:57 pm

My gpu must be taking a shit on itself. just went through solo play and then the servers with it on high fps and tried different things. Doesnt seem to do it much going into like 19800 elsinore if at all... things that make you go hmmm.

crashreallyfast

Post by crashreallyfast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

did you accedently turn your shaders on in advanced graphics, idk if that changes with the benchmark settings like high fps and all that stuff. that being said. back up your personal folder, and reinstall (write down you cd key if you dont already have it written down)